Travel Guide to Spain //

Travel Guide to Spain...

Hola from Spain!! This was my third time to Spain and I always love coming back, but this time I got to explore the islands off the coast! Other trips here I have always just stayed in Barcelona (always a good time) but I wanted to see what Ibiza was all about since I only know what I have seen in movies!
I had a really hard time finding what part of the island we should stay in, I didn't want to have a car there as I read that parking is very difficult there and you can get everywhere by taxi. I ended up booking an Air B n B in Old Town Ibiza and it was literally perfect! We were within walking distance from all the shops, food and the port. The little town is so cute and colorful (makes it very easy to shoot) everything here was usually a 5-10 minute walk from our place. The shopping here was also something I was not expecting, tons of boho shops (obviously my favorite) and I even got some epic pieces for Coachella next year! After I spent way to much on cute clothes we started asking around for which beaches were best for swimming, photos and everything in-between. I also did some IG stalking and found some places I wanted to check out. 
We hopped in a cab one morning and headed to Cala Salada, on the way there I was asking the taxi driver if it was a pretty beach and he was like "ehhhhh" which made me scared haha. It was about a 30 minute drive from Old Town and very secluded the closer we got to the beach, so I asked him if many Taxi drivers come by the beach to pick people up and he said not many (insert anxiety mode). I made a sweet deal with him that if he gave us 10 minutes to shoot at this beach we would keep the meter running and afterwards to go Cala d'Hort which he recommended was a much better beach to spend the day. 
Finally arriving to Cala D'Hort we paid 10 Euros each to rent a chair for the day (honestly worth it because the beach gets packed quickly and there is hardly room to walk). There are two restaurants at this beach which was nice so we didn't have to worry about bringing our own food and drinks and we could just relax all day! 
After a day of getting as tan as humanly possible we headed home and shared a cab with a really nice lady from Holland, she was a regular Ibiza visitor so we were picking her brain for all the fun things to do. She recommended getting a ferry over to another island Formentera so we did just that! We pre-booked two tickets on the next ferry to Formentera for the following morning, I believe it was around 29 Euros round trip per person for the day. We had no expectation since we didn't really look up the island we were heading to. Once we got there and hopped off the ferry there was a scooter rental and we figured why not! We rented tow vespas for the day (36 Euros for the day) and honestly that was the best decision we ever made!! We scooted over to the closest beach that was also recommended to be the prettiest on the island called Platja de les Illetes. I heard a few people say that this island's water is crystal blue and OMG THEY WERE RIGHT! I forgot for a second where we were and swore it was Maldives! The water was also shallow for a while so you could walk out a ways a just chill. We stayed at the beach basically all day and then took the scooters around little towns on the island until we found Gelato. At the port there are super cute boho shops and I of course had to check them out and grab a few things! We hopped back on the ferry and headed home salty and happy!

The last day of the trip we wanted to actually go out and drink (not usually my style on trips) so we went to the most famous place in Ibiza called Ushuaia. We had to get tickets ahead of time but we went and saw the DJ David Guetta (college me was stoked) and we had the best time drinking and dancing the night away.
We only spent a few days in Ibiza and headed back to Barcelona for the remaining few days left in Spain. 

Barcelona for a few days!! 

I've been to Barcelona a few times now so I already had my mind set on a few places I wanted to go! Some of the previous places I have been that are really fun are Parque Guell which is really pretty to admire architecture in the park, Tibidabo is a cute little spot for a date night, and you always have to go see La Sagrada Familia which I believe is a church. Sagrada familia has always been under construction when I have visited it in the past so this trip I was surprised to see it almost completed!! 
The beaches are also really fun here!! Most of them have bars on them so you can drink and chill all day long. We stayed in the Gothic Quarters (I have stayed here every time) I honestly think it's the best place because you are close to the harbor as well as all the shops and easy places to walk to.
I'm not much of a "foodie" on trips but we did find a few good places that I was very surprised by! We went to Brunch & Cake which was AMAZING!! I could eat there everyday (vegan food but insanely good) and we also ate at Kale & Flax for breakfast and had really good açaí bowls!




Popular Posts